20 July 2007

Write On!

Wow, thank you to everyone who has called and emailed (and sent snail mail cards) to me at home and at work. Your praise and best wishes for my book, web site and this blog have meant a lot to me.

Things are pretty hectic these days, so I figured I would post my thanks in case I don't get back to each of you in a timely fashion. Please know that I appreciate the support. This blog is also a good way to answer your questions (and I only have to write it once ; - ).

Anyway, Solemnly Swear is in the home stretch. It was delayed 3-4 weeks, in a good way, because it received the Editor's Choice and Publisher's Choice Awards. That resulted in a new cover and professional proofreading, and the new, professional book cover design is done (check it out on the web site). The awards also guarantee that Solemnly Swear will be released at the Tucson Barnes and Noble, on the new release table at the front of the store, for at least 8 weeks. If it does well, it will hit stores throughout the region and perhaps beyond. I also have a few book signing events set up. We should still be on target for a August release.

My second novel, False Hopes, is coming along. Where Solemnly Swear was set mainly in New England (Peabody & Revere, Massachusetts; and University of New Hampshire, Dover & Durham, New Hampshire); this one will be set mainly in Arizona (University of Arizona,Tucson and some scenes in Phoenix).

Again, thanks to all family and old friends, and now some new friends, for taking the time to review my web site and to write me. Also, thanks to all former military associates throughout the Air Force and ROTC. I'll let you know as soon as the official release "hits the street." jgp


No comments: